The Closing Plenary of the conference on day 2 is the Industrial Policy Plenary, with an opening keynote by Commissioner Oettinger presenting views of the European Commission regarding the progress on achieving a Digital Single Market and reinforcing industrial actions.
By the time of the conference, the Commission should have progressed on various DSM related dossiers including the “European Cloud Initiative” Communication, the Communication on “Digitisation of Industry” and e.g. in the 5G and IoT context a lot of progress should have been achieved in building an action plan for 5G deployment, on the relation between 5G, IoT and Connected cars and on the signature of a Joint Declaration with Brazil and US.
This session will give the opportunity to discuss questions like: “How can the EU ensure that European businesses remain successful and can compete at global level? How can our citizens get the best services and products? How can we continue to protect consumers? And how can we help EU citizens, companies and industry get the most from innovation, new technologies and digitisation?”
• Commissioner Günther H. Oettinger
• Manouel da Fonseca, State Secretary of the Brazilian Ministry of Science and Technology (presentation)
• Willem Jonker, CEO EIT Digital (presentation)
• Ulf Ewaldsson, Ericsson CTO (presentation)
• Eduardo Navarro, Telefónica CCDO
• Michela Magas, Alliance of IoT Innovation (presentation)
• Startup Europe Village Award Ceremony
Moderation: Karen Boers, Director Startups.be